Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mckenna Saves the Night

While on our little vacation in St. George, Grandma and Grandpa S. were nice enough to let Chad and I go see Les Miserables at the Tuachauan (which I can't spell) It is a beautiful outdoor theater. It turned out to be a very cold night, into the
40's but who's complaining when you can wrap up in blankets and snuggle. Well the play was wonderful but the best thing was to get back to Grandmas house and find out how the night went. I knew Miley would not like us leaving her and I knew she would cry, I was just hoping it wouldn't be for the whole 3 plus hours. So when we came home, Yvonne told us how Miley was histerical for at least 30-40 min. She wouldn't calm down for anyone. Our aunt Pat was there too with her husband and none of the adults could calm her down. Finally Yvonne said to Mckenna that she had to take over. Mckenna took her into the other room, watched an Einstien movie and I guess they were in there laughing and playing. So after a while, Mckenna layed her down, sang her songs and came out to all the adults and said, "she's asleep now." Needless to say, they were all very thankful. Aunt Pat gave her a dollar and grandpa said he would buy her a razor scooter the next day. The boys got scooters too of course. Grandma said the boys were so easy, they came out after their movie and Caden said, "what time is it?" Grandma told him it was 8:30 and he said, "I gotta go to bed, come on Coleman," and off they went and put themselves to bed.
I think Ken and Yvonne may be up to watching the kids the next time we see them.



6 comments:

Jordan said...

I emailed you to say I lost your blog address, but I found it. Mckenna is such a good big sister. Isn't it so nice that they are getting old enough to really help out.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness...that is so awesome! Both Mckenna doing the babysitting and Caden putting himself and Coleman to bed! (And you say MY kids are easy?) Yeah, they'd never do that!

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Kendra!!!! I have wondered about you so often over the years. I'm so glad I found you through Suzy's blog. Your family is beautiful and you are just gorgeous! Motherhood certainly agrees with you. I would love to catch up. Email me if you get a second.

djorme@gmail.com

THE GARN FAMILY said...

She is so beautiful...and having an oldest daughter is very helpful!
How is Colorado? Are you coming to Utah for Christmas?

Andrew Richards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alecia said...

Hi Kendra!

I didnt know you had started a blog until I saw your link on Nicole's, and then Afton's. I guess I am not as "up" on these things as I should be. Your pictures are so cute. Miley is growing so!
We sure miss you here but sounds like you are taking advantage and enjoying living closer to family.

MaryBeth says hello too!