Thursday, September 16, 2010

Little Saige, and she is really little!

Sorry about this first picture- it's a little gross, but I accidentally uploaded it and I can't figure out how to delete it. Oh well, that is the miracle of life.
Saige was born Sept. 14th @ 1:50 pm
only 6lbs, 4 0z. which is our smallest baby. Now that we came home she is only 5lbs. 14oz. The pictures of her face make her look kind of chubby and big. But for as skinny as she is, she does have some chub on her checks and chin. And for a Schmidt baby, she has a lot of hair! Everything went very smoothly and I have to say, probably my easiest delivery. The nurses called me the one push wonder, since she came out in (2 pushes really) and they called Saige their potatoe bug because she would roll up and over in a little ball whenever they tried to wrap her up.
Most of you may be surprised by our name choice, because the vote for her name was Scarlett. It was most likely going to be Scarlett until she came out. Even the nurses were pulling for Scarlett, but there was something about her that it just didn't seem to fit her. So as I was about to check out of the hospital, they made me fill in the birth certificate. You may not want to say Saige Schmidt too quickly 3 times, but our hope for her is to get married some day with a better last name.
She looks like a mix of all the other 4 kids, depending on the moment you look at her. I don't think we went out of the mold too much. So far she is a real sweet heart, but I'm sure she hasn't truly woken up to life yet. All the kids adore her, Miley is so proud to be a big sister!
We are happy to be home and welcome the craziness that I'm sure is about to start, in about 20 mins. when the kids get home from school for the first time since we got home from the hospital! Wish us some luck!!














18 comments:

Amy G. said...

She is dar-ling!!!! Congrats! You are my hero.

Amy

Cannon Clan said...

congratulations on baby number 5. are we crazy or what? she is beautiful and you look amazing. I love her name.enjoy!

littlest said...

what a little beauty! and you look fab kendra! i am so happy for you! you're done!! i must say that i am a little tiny bit jealous...but mine turn will come soon enough.
i am so glad that all went well. what a blessing. thinking of you and congrats again!!!

Amy said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Did you deliver at Parker? I'm delivering there in March so I want to hear nothing but good stuff. So far so good!
I keep saying this but maybe now that I can suggle a baby it really should happen. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER!:)

Leah Miller said...

OHHHHHHHHH!!!! She is adorable!!! Congrats. Love the name

Nicole said...

Congratulations Kendra! She's beautiful!!! So happy the delivery went so well.

THE GARN FAMILY said...

She is so adorable! And you looked great! You have such a beautiful family! Congratulations! And good luck :)!

Sarah said...

She really is beautiful. And what a poster child delivery. Can I have that next time? :) I wish you all the best and am sending good sleep vibes your way. It's been way too long since we have talked.

KP said...

Hi! I am so glad I got this! She is adorable, take your breath away cute! And girl, you make that look so easy! How do you do it??
Congratulations! Are you still in Williamsburg?

Susy Cotterell said...

What a precious little peanut. LOVE IT! Good job Chad and Kendra. Another beautiful baby. Congratulations.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! She is darling and I love the name choice. you look amazing. Way to go!

JKLCP said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet her and hold her. Remember that when you need a brake -k-! Love your family! You guys do such an amazing job! Saige is a beauty. I didn't expect anything less than that coming from you two!

Andrea said...

She is adorable and you are BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING!

Shauna Evans said...

Saige is so pretty! The pics are great!

Lynette said...

Kendra, she is beautiful!! Congratulations to you guys! I LOVE the bottom picture of the baby and Chad, with her little mouth opened. SO CUTE. Way to go. Enjoy!

Dawn said...

sooooooooo cute! You have a beautiful family.

Karen said...

You have been on my mind for several days, now I know why! I love the picture of Saige. Hope you and her are doing well and everyone else too. Miss You!!

Trixie said...

congrats!! She's so cute :)